Terrariums - Styled with the Imagination of a 6 Year Old

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Terrariums and I are slowly scoping each other out.  I rediscovered them over at the hipster, too cool for cool, series of Terrium Tuesdays.  I picked one up thinking it would be great for at the office.  E had other ideas and when she has ideas, she makes plans.  It was just what I needed to get me out of a post modern, "is this passe?" rut.

When she asked if she could draw me a plan, I thought we were just talking about where things would be planted in the small globe.  I was wrong.

What you can see above is a description of the organisms and animals living in the soil and garden*.  There are snails, worms and spiders.  Each is carefully attached with double sided tape to the outside to avoid damage when watering.  Some have crowns to show that they are the kings and queens.  They are also keeping the house pixie company.

You can keep your icy succulent filled, styled terrariums in the pages of your magazines and pinterest boards. While this terrarium was not quite what I had in mind, it is exactly what we need in our home.

*Go soil science enquiry units at school!!
**E, you can style my lounge anytime you want, as long as your room is tidy first.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This post cracked me up. and i think her drawing are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *