Adventure 4 - Plant Poppies

Thursday, April 25, 2013





To remember Anzac Day, today's adventure was planting poppies.  Anzac Day conveniently falls at just the right time to get poppies ready for the distant spring.  A punnet of red, spotted lady bird poppies and blousey shirley poppies are now stretching their toes in our front garden.  E helped digging, watering. 

We picked up some purple and black poppy seeds from the lovely Quince Tree shop.  We sprinkled these over last.

I'm used to wet Easters that let me weed the garden, plant bulbs and tuck everything in for the winter.  This year, the drought has meant we had to wait a little longer.  On the other hand, it gave us a nice way to remember Anzac day, both today and as the flowers lift their nodding heads.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thats a great way to honor anzacs day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great activity! Makes me wish my kids were little ones again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *