Decorating with Powertools - E's table centre

Saturday, December 01, 2012


Before you get worried, this is not that picture.

E went pine cone collecting with her Dad.  After a few lessons in swinging a hammer from Granddad, they were off, separating cones and branches, filling the bag. 

It wasn't until afterwards that she remembered the candle holder she had seen in a shop.  It was a pinecone hollowed out to hold a tea light.  E drew her picture to explain to Granddad what she was talking about.    After a little explaining, the tools were gathered by Grandad.  E lost interest once the drawing was done, leaving me with tools and a mission.

After a bit of experimenting, I can attest, you will need a vice, drill, hole saw, spade bit and a chisel.  The green pine cones were easier to shape and are probably more fire resistant.  Despite her lack of interest in power tools, E was delighted to see her picture come to life.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. What a wonderfully simple but yet lovely idea!!! I'm off searching for pine ones tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea BUT I would use the little votives that have the battery powered LED lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. This is a great idea. I haven't even started my preparations for Christmas. And now I'm panicking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great plan ~ well done E.!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *