Turnips - I Just Can't Love Them

Saturday, October 02, 2010


I consider myself a very vegetable friendly person. I'll eat everything on my plate. Broccoli is my friend. But, I just can't love turnips.

I tried roasting them - but no.

I tried boiling and mashing them. The house needed some serious airing out after that.

As they bolted to seed in the spring heat last week, I heaved a sigh of relief and planned to plant swedes in their place next time. Though, they were pretty.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I'm with you on this one - blergh - Turnips are cattle food nothing more nothing less . . .
    Go the parsnips I say :)
    Happy Gardening ~ it's a gorgeously sunny day here and we're preparing the gardens for our seedlings to go in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofie www.sewdarntired.blogger.com4 October 2010 at 01:05

    Hey... I'm Greek and we eat the turnips raw just as a snack. To give them some umph put some lemon juice and salt on them... yum. We also eat them raw as an accompaniment with lentil soup. Have a try ... lovely and fresh.... can't imagine them cooked at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to say.. eat them raw with some humus etc... but someone already did!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *