Introducing the Anzac Bee

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I have been plotting and scheming. While admiring all the wonderful virtual quilting bees that are going on at the moment, I wondered if there were any local ones. It appears, so many are only open to residents of the US and international postage from NZ can get quite steep. I got to thinking and the Anzac Bee was born. This month we are kicking off 8 months of bee hive activity spanning between New Zealand and Australia.

To see our progress, you can visit out flickr group here. To read more about some of the individual members you can visit the Australian members below:
Blue Tulip
Novi 73
Unpicking is the Pits
Tessophia

Fellow New Zealand quilters were a bit slow off the mark to reply to the flickr messages on Quilting Bee Blocks, so I convinced some of my friends from the Tuesday night quilting group classes to join me.

To get the ball rolling, I am first up. My fabrics should be in the post tomorrow and they look a lot like this:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Lovely colours!
    I just linked through to the flickr site and there are some beautiful blocks there! Sounds like an exciting project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun Amy! I love the colours, can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a really good project. Makes me wish I was back in good old Enzed so I could join in!

    Also, thanks for your vote and comment on my post:) I was going for the bright yellow, then there was a change of plans. I just did a new post, and a new poll too, plus a giveaway. I am the worst decision maker ever lol!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *