After and Before

Friday, February 29, 2008

While cleaning up I found this stack looking photogenic and couldn't resist. The plates are a collection of Johnson Brothers and Crown Lynn. The crumbs are a new chocolate brownie recipe that I have stumbled across and am quite impressed with. Only 3 eggs, as opposed to Nigella's 6, don't need to melt the chocolate and cheap chocolate works well. Trust me I have tried it.


Double Chocolate Mocha Brownie (thanks to an old NZ H&G magazine)



125g butter (melted)
60g cocoa powder
250g caster sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1T coffee liqueur (or 1 t instant coffee in 1 T hot water)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
50g flour (no, this is not a typo)
½ t baking powder
125g chocolate chips


Heat oven to 150 Celsius.

Grease and line 20 cm x 30 cm slice tin.

Mix butter and cocoa.

Stir in caster sugar, vanilla and liqueur.

Add eggs and mix.

Sift over flour and baking powder.

Fold into mixture with chocolate chips.

Pour into tin and bake for approx 40 minutes (check at about 30 min).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *